AUSTRALIAN FAIRY TALES: FLESH OR FOSSIL?
October 1-2, 2022 at Brisbane’s South Bank precinct
The Australian Fairy Tale Society investigates and creates fairy tales from an Australian perspective. Local Fairy Tale Rings gather in person and via Zoom to explore specific fairy tales. We have mined rich themes at previous conferences, and celebrate members’ talents through our eZine and a new anthology, ‘South of the Sun: Australian Fairy Tales for the 21st Century’.
As always our focus is on the Australian interpretation of fairy tales, particularly contemporary multicultural, diverse Australia. As AFTS Conference-goers delight in diversity, we are looking for –
- Talks of no more than 25 minutes, including Q&A
- Case studies of projects, with a fairy tale basis
- Performances of no more than 10 minutes, with an option for 5 minutes’ Q&A
- Panel discussions of no more than 25 minutes, including Q&A
- Stalls to sell your merchandise.
Feel free to contact us with a new idea. We want to celebrate your creativity not stifle it!
By midnight May 6, 2022, please submit your proposal using the online form. This will include –
- Email address and phone
- Bio (max 150 words)
- Type of presentation (as above)
- Title / Topic, plus a 100-200 word description
- Your experience in delivering this material or something similar
- Resources … a) that you will provide, b) that the AFTS needs to supply.
What happens next
If your presentation is accepted for the conference, we will ask you to provide –
- A colour photograph in high resolution, preferably a close-up of your face, for the program
- A two-paragraph introduction which can be used by the MC
- Permission to video-record your presentation for later access by AFTS members. (This will be subject to grant funding.)
- Permission to use the material you have given us, including your photograph, in any conference promotions. If this includes media interviews, we will discuss this with you first.
- Permission to use elements from your presentation (e.g. photos, summaries, links to your publications) in future AFTS publications, such as the eZine. We will discuss these needs as they arise.
We intend to respond to your submissions by the end of June, in order to announce the program in July 2022.
- The joy of sharing your fairy tale passion with like-minded enthusiasts.
- A discount to the conference, and a gift of an annual membership. You will need to complete forms for both of these.
Sign up to receive the latest 2022 Conference news. (This feature is coming soon.)
2 thoughts on “2022 Conference – Call for Presentations”
Reblogged this on Ripple Poetry and commented:
Pingback: Conference Call – Gumboootspearlz